The secrets of the runes have long been forgotten for many years, yet they lay dormant within each one of us through our ancestral bloodlines. They are a gift from the Norse gods to mankind and was intended to be passed on through time from one generation to another. Unlocking the runes from within will help connect back to the Divine and unlock the mysteries of the universe.
The Introduction to Runes Workshop will help set your foot forward on a journey to understanding and one day, unlock these mysteries that each rune possesses. We will cover the most common runic system, The Elder Futhark, and learn what each rune is about symbolically and what it means in a rune-casting message or rune spread. Rune-casting techniques and spreads will be provided in the course handouts, so you can practice on you own time and familiarize yourself with the runes on a personal level. As a bonus, I will also provide in the handouts a personal suggestive list of reading material and music to help understand and embrace the culture and lore of the runes.
- Introducing the Practitioner and his personal relationship with runes.
- General introduction of the course agenda for the 2-hour workshop
Introducing the Runes:
- What are Runes?
- A brief discussion of the different rune systems
- Elder Futhark
- Younger Futhark
- Anglo-Frisian Futhorc
- Armanic Futhork
- History of the Runes
The Elder Futhark System:
- Breaking down the 24 runes of the Elder Futhark System with their symbolic meanings, pronunciation, messages, and lore.
Practical Rune-work applications to get you started:
- Rune-casting, Spreads, and daily practices (Rune of the day/journaling).
- Suggestive Reading Material and Music for your rune-work journey